« Home | Once Again » | Hiccups » | Phase Two Check » | Fremantle Festival » | First Solo Nav » | One Year » | Navigation Check » | Another Lazy Day » | From the desk of.... » | Eventful Day » 

Friday, January 06, 2006 

Passed

I passed my second phase check on the fourth of January. The flight wasn't the best I've had but my techniques were sound. The only thing the instructor wanted me to practice more was my forced landings. I didn't make it to the runway during practice by about a hundred feet.

Today I went for my first solo nav flight since my check. The three hour flight was almost torture as today's temperature was thirty seven degrees on the ground. At five thousand feet the digital thermometer was showing twenty four degrees (last month it was around fifteen!). Apparently iIt will get hotter as February rolls in.